We are currently looking for staff to fill the site with as there is way too much anime than someone can watch. Key kinds of people who are looking for on the staff:
-Diversity, so if you tend to watch anime no one has ever heard of, or more than likely I do not want to watch, feel free to join.
-Hardcore, multiple viewings: This can come in two forms:
- you watch an anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion, to truly see what the show was about in the form of hidden Stanley Kubrick-ish messages. (Google search, Arthouse Converter: Space Dandy or Samurai Flamenco. Heck, you’re probably aware of my talents! :)) OR
- dissect a plot that was so intricately terrible that you have to watch on repeat viewings what made the anime so terrible: Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Popular mainstream anime: So far, no one on the staff really watches any of the stuff post-2000. Stuff like:
- Pokemon, we just haven’t gotten too, because of the length and repetition of the series and it just hasn’t interested us.
-News posters. Original posts about current things happening in anime. Could be festivals, conventions, celebrity news, etc…
We have a limited budget. But we’re first trying to figure out the staffing situation first. (Expect part time money for full timers. Only happiness for part timers.)
When applying, please list:
- Which of the prior you wanted to write as. (Could be multiple.)
- What’s your favorite anime?
- What you think the best anime is? (Does it even exist? Do multiple tie?)
- What you plan on posting. (Anything you’ve narrowed it down to then we’ll work from there!)
- How often you will post and any other questions on how to get ideas on what to post.
- My objective is to be a great Editor-in-Chief, so have a list of objectives you’re thinking of that I can help you with to help you become a better writer. Note: I’m a little lacking on grammar myself, but can definitely help you become better in tone, voice and analysis. We’ll see where others on the site can help.
Do not forget to include one good sample at arthouseanime(at)gmail.com. Be honest, I am pretty lenient as to how often you post. Once a week is perfect for the site, and I will try my best to help you along with that process. But remember I will hold you to that and check up on you online.
Note: You will be setting up a wordpress account while working on the website. It’s very user friendly. Do not worry about html when delivering your articles, unless you want to show off your skills. (We need an web design expert too! :))
- Content (written) is most important first
- and do NOT delete your original photos if you plan on submitting the article as soon as you join the team. You’ll need to upload them to the site for our audience to see references in films, television shows, etc..
Write for Us! Do it! You know you want to!